Friday, March 18, 2011

My First Week

So how'd it go with my first week full-time? Great! I'm still adjusting to this whole waking up and not working evenings thing. I still don't know what to do when my alarm goes off early in the morning. The teaching part has been going well though. I still have a bit of the "WHAT AM I DOING?" air to my teaching, but it's slowly beginning to disappear with every time I get up in front of the classroom. I am beginning to become more attune to the environment of the classroom: task management, behavior management, individual instruction time with each student, differentiating instruction to tailor to students' needs. It's a process, but I am ecstatic that I am beginning to get a sense of myself as a teacher.

BEGINNING is the key though. I still have a long way to go, but I can't consider myself great after one week.

No comments:

Post a Comment